One of the earliest signs of aging you may notice is skin that feels or looks less firm. You might see this around your eyebrows, beneath your chin, or in your neck area. For women, décolletage lines and wrinkles around your cleavage may also form. This looseness in your skin may only become more pronounced as you get older.
Ovation Med Spa® offers clients Ultherapy ® to address these trouble-spots. An FDA-cleared procedure, Ultherapy lifts and tightens skins non-invasively, offering significant improvement without downtime.
Could Ultherapy Help You?
You may be a good candidate for treatment if one of the following applies:
- You have mild-to-moderate skin laxity around the eyebrow line, chin, neck, or décolletage (meaning, your skin has only just begun to look and feel less firm).
- You don’t yet need a facelift or aren’t ready for surgery.
- You want to prolong the effects of an earlier plastic surgery procedure.
If you are in your thirties or older and fit one of the descriptions above, consider Ultherapy as an option for lifting and firming up your skin.
Many of the technologies that Ovation Med Spa® offers work by stimulating collagen (the protein that lives in the spaces between tissue cells.) This uses the body’s regenerative capabilities to improve signs of aging.
Ultherapy does this at a deep foundational layer of the skin. As a result, treatment bypasses the skin’s surface and targets the source of sagging and skin laxity. It uses no creams, fillers, or toxins.
Ultherapy is a natural, non-invasive treatment that employs ultrasound imaging. This also means that your treatment provider can see and target trouble-spots even more accurately.
Exploring Treatment with Ultherapy
Clients schedule an initial consultation with Ovation Med Spa® to learn more about the solutions we offer. You may already know what specific concerns you want to address, or you may have a general sense that your features are aging and want to find out your options.
During your consultation:
- You discuss the reasons for your visit, and your treatment provider helps you pinpoint areas to target.
- He or she conducts a complete skin assessment, taking particular care to identify areas of discoloration, sagging, lines, and wrinkles.
- Your treatment provider lets you know if you are a good candidate for Ultherapy, for another treatment, or for a combination of procedures.
The consultation is also a great opportunity to answer questions you may have about the technology and potential outcomes. At Ovation Med Spa®, we prioritize client communication, and you can expect to have all of the time you need to become comfortable with our approach.
What You Can Expect with Ultherapy
During the procedure:
- Your treatment provider cleans the areas of skin you’ve chosen to address.
- He / she applies ultrasound gel and places a treatment applicator against your skin.
- Using ultrasound imaging, your treatment provider finds the best place to target before delivering energy to the deep layers of skin.
Most of our Ultherapy clients describe the procedure as quite tolerable. The most sensitive part of treatment is the temporary sensation you feel when the ultrasound energy is applied.
Ovation Med Spa® can usually treat an entire face and neck within an hour-and-a-half. Chest treatment takes about a half-hour. Clients typically require only one treatment to see results, though some people benefit from multiple treatments.* As your skin ages following your first Ultherapy application, you may also want to return for additional treatments.
Immediately following Ultherapy, our clients go right back to normal activities. The fact that there is no downtime is one of the reasons Ultherapy is such a popular treatment.
There are, however, some symptoms you might experience following the procedure:
- Skin may appear flushed or red for a few hours.
- The treated area may swell slightly, tingle, or be tender to the touch for a short time.
- You may have some bruising or numbness, which should go away.
Ovation Med Spa® reviews these and other potential side effects before your treatment to give you confidence in our care.
While clients differ, because of how quickly their body makes collagen, most people see improvement over the two-to-three months that follow Ultherapy. Many people immediately notice firmer skin and a reduction of sagging and wrinkles.